Parc Ela - the largest natural park in Switzerland
Show all 5 images
The Parc Ela is rich in nature and culture. These include steep mountain peaks, vast landscapes with flower meadows and mountain forests, surrounded by glaciers and mountain lakes. But also historic villages and baroque churches, which recall the former importance of the trade routes over the Alpine passes Albula, Julier and Septimer.
- 100 km of hiking trails
- exciting excursions with hiking guides and excursion guides
- Medieval castles, Romanesque and Baroque churches
- 10 local images of national importance
- UNESO World Heritage Rhaetian Railway (RhB)
- parking area: 548m2, 200 of which untouched nature
- lowest point: Schinschlucht (745 m.a.M.s.l.), highest point: Piz Kesch (3418 m.a.s.l..M.)
The name Parc Ela derives from the pits Ela mountain, which is located in the centre of the park between the Albula Valley and the Surses. Ela means "wing" in Romanesque.
From Chur, the Parc Ela with the RhB can be reached in less than an hour.
Paid parking is available at Tiefencastel station.
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.