Event Weitere Umgebung Chur
Guided tour of the monastery church and abbot's building
In the middle of the 12th century, the barons of Vaz founded a monastery and brought the Premonstratensians to the valley to administer the land, but also to look after travellers. They came from Roggenburg/D near Ulm. Foundations from before the monastery period attest to a chapel from the 9th century.
A hospital was attached to the monastery, the first in Graubünden.
Due to a fire in 1472, the church was rebuilt in its present form and completed in 1502.
Registration is requested under T +41 81 382 11 10.
Guided tours can also be offered on request.
Responsible for this content Feratel Schweiz.
This website uses content from Guidle.