Walk to Feldis
Show all 4 images
Reconsete interesting stories about Feldis' past. Little is known about the origins of the village, as no remains of the ancient settlement are available. The few coin finds date only to the Roman Empire, and it is thought that the church of Sant'Ippolito may have been erected on a pre-Christian place of worship. Feldis even owes his name to Hippolytus, the patron saint of prison guards and horses: after numerous passages Hippolytus became Feldis, or Veulden in Romansh. In 1900, almost the entire population still spoke Romansh, while now less than 15 percent of the population used it.
The small free booklet (MiniGuide) is available at the Rhäzüns-Feldis cable car station. Travel time: ca. 45 minutes.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.