Church Alpenstadt Chur
Church of St. Regula
This outwardly unspectacular religious building was built between 1494 and 1500 in a late Gothic style by Feldkirch master builder, Balthasar Bilgeri. This is revealed in the interior in a particularly impressive way; the nave and the adjoining choir feature stone ribs and a stellar vault, which are typical of this period. There is also a large wall painting from 1504 depicting Christ on the cross. The furnishings mainly date from the last century. Particularly remarkable are the window paintings by the Basel artist, Hanns Studer, executed in the late 1960s.
Responsible for this content Chur - Die Alpenstadt.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.