Info Point Weitere Umgebung Chur

Kirche Feldis

It is no coincidence that the Feldis village church was built on this site around the year 1150:


When it comes to equinoxes in spring and autumn, the first rays of sunshine hit the earth right here.

In the almost 900 years of their existence, these walls have experienced a lot. They are dedicated to Saint Hippolytus, the patron saint of prison guards and horses. It was not until 1290 that the current tower was added, in 1493 the church received its present form.

In 1508 and 1774 the church burned down almost completely. It was built up for the first time, among other things, with indulgences and with the financial support of the Bishop of Chur. After the fire of 1774, they had to do without their help, as they had been reformed since 1583.

In 1968 and 1975 the church was renovated, in 2003 the shingle roof was re-roofed.


Responsible for this content Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.