Historic Altsdtadt Alpenstadt Chur

Kirchgasse

img_4kq_cgeagdee
Historical church alley

Description

In the shadow of the Kirche St. Martin is a row of houses of considerable historical significance. Situated on Martinsplatz itself, Haus Reydt, with its three-storey oriel, was built in 1574 in the late Gothic style. Adjoining it is Haus Menhardt, erected the same year and in the same style. Next door is the even older Antistitium, whose neighbouring building contains important paintings from 1580. These depict, in a comical reversal of reality, rabbits catching a hunter. The Zunfthaus der Schneider (guildhall of the tailors’ guild) was rebuilt following the city fire in 1464. Today it houses an armchair theatre.

Map

Responsible for this content Chur Tourismus.