Outdoor Pool Alpenstadt Chur
Sand outdoor pool
Show all 7 images
The summer season 2022 is over - the Sand outdoor pool is planned to open again on 13. May 2023.
The «Badi Sand» is iconic and known for its refreshing water temperature! That's because the historic swimming pool in the heart of the old town is idyllically situated in the shadow of the cathedral and is an insiders' tip for visitors to Chur. The 50m-pool is a welcome way to cool off on hot summer days and the beautiful sunbathing lawn and wooden patio offer an inviting spot to relax.
You can have a nice chat or play cards over a refreshing drink and tasty snack at the bistro on the sun terrace. Your gaze will be drawn to the vines, the spires of the churches, and high up to the surrounding forests. Please find more information on the bistro and menu here.
100 years of «Badi Sand»
The Chur Swimming Club was founded in 1921 to encourage the people of Chur to swim when the Chur Swimming Centre (Sand outdoor pool) opened in 1922. In 2022, Sand outdoor pool will be 100 years old, which will be made visible during the outdoor pool season with a photo gallery on site, among other things. From 17. until 19. June entry fees from 1922 will apply. More information.
Please find pool prices here.
New: Ticket machine and online tickets
From the 2022 summer season, there will be a ticket vending machine next to the ticket office at Badi Sand and tickets will also be available online via the ticket shop. The ticket office is not continuously open anymore. Please use the ticket machine on site or the webshop. If you have any questions, please contact the pool attendant: Tel. 079 560 17 52
This adjustment does not affect the opening hours of the outdoor pool itself. These remain unchanged (daily 9am - 8pm).
- Sun loungers are available without deposit cards.
- Rental changing rooms: can be rented for CHF 54/season. Two keys are handed out for a deposit of CHF 50. No deposit of keys at the cash desk.
- Day lockers: Please bring your own lock, no locks available on site.
Buy single tickets for the Obere Au outdoor pool online: www.sportanlagenchur.ch/ticketshop
You benefit from:
- 10% discount when buying tickets through the ticket shop
- No queuing at the cash desk
- Contactless access to the facilitiy
- Fast, safe and direct to your swimming enjoyment
How it works:
- buy your ticket online with or without ChurCard, adult or child
- pay by credit card or Twint
- receive your ticket with QR code by e-mail
- validate your QR code at the turnstile of the respective facility
- let the pool fun begin!
The tickets are valid for 3 days from the date of purchase. Purchased tickets cannot be cancelled.
14. May - 4. September 2022*
- Monday - Sunday 9am - 8pm
- 1. August 9am - 5pm
*dates may vary depending on weather conditions
From Chur station bus nr. 9 (direction Meiersboden). Get off at "Turnhalle Sand" (4 mins)
Motorway exit Chur Süd, towards Arosa, at Plessurstrasse on your left.
Few parking spaces right next to the pool.
Responsible for this content Chur - Die Alpenstadt.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.