Outdoor Pool Alpenstadt Chur
Sand outdoor pool
Show all 7 images
The «Badi Sand» is iconic and known for its refreshing water temperature! That's because the historic swimming pool in the heart of the old town is idyllically situated in the shadow of the cathedral and is an insiders' tip for visitors to Chur. The 50m-pool is a welcome way to cool off on hot summer days and the beautiful sunbathing lawn and wooden patio offer an inviting spot to relax.
You can have a nice chat or play cards over a refreshing drink and tasty snack at the bistro on the sun terrace. Your gaze will be drawn to the vines, the spires of the churches, and high up to the surrounding forests. Please find more information on the bistro and menu here.
The outdoor pool Sand also has a reading bench: The bench with its box of books for free use is being provided by the library of the canton of Graubünden and the library of the city of Chur.
Please find pool prices here.
Buy single tickets for Freibad Sand online: www.sportanlagenchur.ch/ticketshop
You benefit from:
- 10% discount when buying tickets via the ticket shop
- No queuing at the ticket office
- Contactless access to the facility
- Quick, safe and direct access to the pool
This is how it works:
- Select the desired ticket with or without ChurCard, adult or child
- Buy online with credit card or Twint
- Receive ticket with QR code by e-mail
- Validate the QR code at the ticket office of the outdoor pool
- the swimming fun can begin!
Tickets are valid for 10 days from the date of purchase. Purchased tickets cannot be cancelled.
Contact details as of 1 September 2020
- All single entries
- Not valid for season ticket holders
8. May - 5. September 2021*
- Monday - Sunday 9am - 8pm
- 1. August 9am - 5pm
*dates may vary depending on weather conditions
From Chur station bus nr. 9 (direction Meiersboden). Get off at "Turnhalle Sand" (4 mins)
Motorway exit Chur Süd, towards Arosa, at Plessurstrasse on your left.
Few parking spaces right next to the pool.
Responsible for this content Chur Tourismus.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.