Offer Culinary Tour
Culinary tour: Chur Millstreams Trail
Anyone walking through Chur often hears the water gurgling beneath them or sees small streams rushing past. No, it is not a sewer, it is the Chur mill streams. Since Chur itself has no water of its own and still obtains its drinking water from sources of value, the mill streams were the lifelines of the city for centuries. The Plessur as the dominant river in the landscape flows through Chur, but it has much of a wild mountain stream on which neither goods could be transported nor mills could be driven. Therefore, the construction of the mill streams was the prerequisite for a regulated water supply of Chur. They provided the city with service water and hydroelectric power and enabled industry and the population to survive in Chur. Did you know, for example, that the Chur Quadereis was produced annually with the water of the Mühlbach or that the repair workshop of the SBB was powered by the same water? Start your culinary tour along the two Chur mill streams, through winding alleys and the beautiful old town and find answers to the questions. Learn about the history and significance of Chur's millstreams during your tour through the City E-GUIDE.
Good to know: The tour price includes the TransReno day ticket 2nd class for zone 1 (Chur city and Felsberg) with bus and train! Thus, the arrival and return journey to the start and end point in the Obere Au is included. Likewise, you are flexible enough during the entire tour, in case the legs are tired.
Show all 2 images
- Starting point: Obere Au, Chur
- Starting time: 10.30 am
- Duration: 6 - 6 ½ h
- Walking time: 4 h
- Accessible to prams: No
- Wheelchair accessible: No
- Route description with detailed description of the tour
- Tasty 3 course menu in three different restaurants along the route
- Day ticket TransReno in 2nd class for unlimited travels in zone 1 (Chur city area and Felsberg) by busses and trains
- CHF 66 per person
- Children under 6 years can join free of charge. Menu options are to be discussed directly at the restaurants and must be paid separately.
- From 1 April 2023 on: Tuesday - Saturday
Availability may vary on public holidays.
- For 1 - 5 persons online: 1 day in advance
- For groups (from 6 persons on) by booking request form «for groups»: 3 working days in advance. Menu choice for starter and main course is required in advance. Please let us know your menu choice in the booking form under «remarks».
Further culinary tours
Explore Chur and the surrounding area on a culinary hike, a culinary bike tour or a culinary snowshoe tour.