Guided tour through the churches St. Stephan and St. Luzi
Under the resting place of the district school in the heap the most important monument of early Christianity in the Engadine valley: the remains of St. Stephen's Church, in the 5th Century was built and the Bishops of Chur served as grave church. In 1850 it was re-discovered during the construction of the first district school. It was fully excavated completely encased in the years 1955/56, and the new building of the district school in the 1970s and underground integrated into the school building. Next door stands the church of St. Lucius, the ring remained a crypt with Confessio today.
Private guided tour
- CHF 170 per group
- All year round, on request
- 1.5 hours
1 hour (St. Stephan)
2 hours (Cathedral, St. Stephan and St. Luzi)
- Main entrance Kantonsschule, Arosastrasse, Chur
- Maximum 25 persons per group
- German, English, French, Italian
- Online or by telephone / mail at Chur Tourism
- With credit card
- For Swiss companies on request also by invoice possible (sending by mail)
- cash payments are not accepted
- Combined tour with the Chur Cathedral
Under competent guidance you will visit the Cathedral Church of the Assumption , the impressive St. Stephanskriche and St. Luzi church with the historic ring crypt.
Good to know
You can also explore the remains of the St. Stephen's Church on your own. The key for admission is available from the secretariat of the Graubünden Cantonal School. For reservations call +41 (0)81 257 51 51 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the opening hours of the cantonal school.