The Rose Hill looks back on a long and gloomy past: As early as the 14th century, the hill at the foot of the Pizokel was used - not for recreation, but as an execution site. In 1836 the gallows was dismantled. Soon after, the hill was to be given a new lease of life and it was opened and made accessible around 1850 as the first public landscape park. Where judges were once held, colorful flowers now bloom and a fountain bubbles peacefully at the place where the executions took place. Located just above the city, the park offers a beautiful panoramic view over Chur and the surrounding area.
The Rosenhügel is accessible via the Malixerstrasse (between the Obertor roundabout and the Rosenhügel restaurant), once directly opposite the Rosenhügel restaurant and once halfway between the roundabout and the restaurant.
Malixerstrasse, 7000 Chur
Responsible for this content Chur Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.