Sauna Alpenstadt Chur
Obere Au Sauna Area
Show all 12 images
The sauna at the Obere Au sports complex is the perfect place to replace and detox. Choose from Finnish, herbal and bio sauna or steam bath - there is something for everyone. At the end of the day, relax outdoors in the sauna terrace.
Sauna 1 (Finnish sauna) in the sauna area is separated by gender. The Finnish, herbal and bio sauna as well as the steam bath are communal. The entire sauna area is a no-clothes area except for the the sauna courtyard and the relaxation room. Use of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools as well as of the Aquamarine warm water wellness pool and the Physiotherm infrared cabin is included in the ticket. You can find more information about the bio sauna here.
Fragrant sauna aufguss
Relaxing, soothing or invigorating scents now fill the Finnish saunas. Several times a day, the sauna master places an ice ball infused with pure essential oils on the sauna oven. The ice breaks and the soothing fragrance unfolds. Click here for the fragrance programme (German only).
Wednesday is Aufguss day
Every Wednesday we pamper our guests with a classic Aufguss. The classic Aufguss is celebrated without music and thus in absolute silence. Three essential oils, hidden in the ice sphere, are carried to the guests by the Aufguss master's technique. Enjoyment and relaxation are recommended as the priority goal of this ceremony. To the Aufgüsse.
Several times a year, different Aufgüsse are celebrated in the mixed Finnish sauna with a special weekly schedule. Let the essential oils invigorate your spirit during the classic Aufguss. Listen to the meditative music during the Relax Aufguss and find inner peace. For music lovers, the celebrated Aufguss is an upcoming change to escape the stress of everyday life or treat yourself to a salt peeling in our steam bath.
The offers at a glance:
- Classic Finnish sauna (80°C/20%)
- Herbal sauna (60°C/30%)
- Bio sauna (55°C/45%)
- Steam bath (45°C/100%)
- Physiotherm infrared cabin
10 good reasons to use our sauna:
1. separate sauna for men and women
2. feel free to switch between mixed and separate sauna
3. use of infrared cabin included
4. outdoor sauna courtyard with deck chairs, waterfall and lighting
5. different fragrances in the three Finnish saunas
6. Wednesday is Aufguss-day
7. sauna-events with Aufguss ceremonies
8. use of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools included
9. parking fees included
10. no time limit
We recommend to bring the following items for a visit of our saunas:
- 1 sauna towel (to rest; a second sauna towel for use in the saunas is included)
- Bath towel (to shower)
Please find the wellness prices here.
Buy single tickets for the Obere Au sauna area online: www.sportanlagenchur.ch/ticketshop
How it works:
- Select the desired ticket with or without ChurCard and the corresponding age group.
- Buy online with credit/debit card or Twint
- Receive ticket with QR code by e-mail
- Exchange the QR code for a chip wristband at the ticket machine on site
- Validate chip wristband at the reader by the door to the sauna area
- Close and open the locker with the chip wristband
- The sauna visit can begin!
- To leave the facility place the chip wristband in the automatic return machine - the door opens
The tickets are valid for 3 days from the date of purchase. Purchased tickets cannot be returned.
News: wristbands instead of tickets
- Access/exit to sauna area: only possible with wristband. Applies to all entrances to the sauna area (regardless of whether from the corridor, indoor pool or outdoor pool).
- Opening/closing the lockers: only possible with wristband. No more keys.
- Single tickets: You will now receive a wristband instead of a paper ticket. Wristbands also available at the ticket machines on site.
- Have your Sportscard debited at reception and you will receive a wristband for access to the sauna.
- Pass holders are asked to exchange their pass card for a wristband at the reception desk for a one-off fee of 5.-. Before leaving the sauna area, hold your wristband against the reader of the automatic return machine -> the door will be unlocked.
New as of 3 May 2023: Changeover to chip wristbands for access and lockers also at the indoor pool - further information.
If you have any questions, our staff at reception and in the sauna area are happy to help.
1 sauna towel per person included, each additional towel 5.-
Monday - Friday 11am - 9.30pm (last admission 8.30pm)
Saturday/Sunday/Holidays 10am - 6pm (last admission 5pm)
Holidays (different opening hours)
New Year, Easter Sunday, Christmas Day closed
National Day (01.08.) 10am - 5pm
Christmas Eve, New Years Eve 10am - 4pm
Revision - facility closed: 15./16.01.2024 & 10. - 28.06.2024
Obere Au Sauna Area
Sport- und Eventanlagen Chur, Grossbruggerweg 6, 7000 Chur
Responsible for this content Chur Tourism.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.