Heidi village Maienfeld
Show all 8 images
In Johanna Spyris Heidihaus, in the Heidi village above Maienfeld, visitors from all over the world are taken back to the time of the world-famous children's story Heidi. It was here that the poet Johanna Spyri was inspired to write her novels about Heidi. In the Heidi village, the story of the little, cheerful and nature-loving girl comes alive at the original sites.
The Heidi village offers
- Visit and tour of the "village" of Heidi, from the world-famous Heidi story (on request with guided tour)
- Animal experience (including goats for petting and feeding)
- Village shop with souvenir articles
- Post office with special Heidorf postmark for stamps lovers and Heidi fans
- For bookable offers and events see www.heididorf.ch
- Adults: CHF 13.90
- Children (5-14): CHF 5.90
- Groups from 10 persons: CHF 10.90
The ticket includes the entrance for: Heidi's Mountain Hut, Heidihouse - the original, Johanna Spyris Heidi world, the village school and the whole village.
Closed from Nov 14, 2022 – Dec 31, 2022.
By railway to the station of Maienfeld
From the Maienfeld railway station, the Heidi Bus (PostBus) runs on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from May to October.
On foot you can reach Heidi Village, through the Heidi Trail (circuit, signaled with red signpost) which takes you from the station through the streets of the historic town of Maienfeld, past the vineyards to Heididorf (Heidi's Village). Walking time 35 minutes, distance 2.4km.
The Heidi trail then leads to the hotel restaurant Heidihof which features a large viewing terrace. From there the trail takes you to the old oak. For those who are free of dizziness, a spiral staircase leads up to the heights of the treetops, which has a majestic view into the valley and beyond. Back on the ground the trail continues to Heidi’s fountain and finally winds back into the vineyards to the small town of Maienfeld and the station. Walking time: 45min, distance 4.1km.
If you have large luggage with you, you can deposit it in the Heidi-Shop / Tourist information at Bahnhofstrasse 1.
- On the A13 motorway, which is the motorway that connects Zurich and Chur, take exit number 13 with the name "Maienfeld".
- Once off the motorway follow the brown signs with "Heididorf" on them. These lead you to the center of Maienfeld. From the center of Maienfeld two paths lead to Heididorf (Heidi's Village). By car, follow the brown signposts with "Heididorf" on them, these also feature the car symbol or the bus symbol. With tour buses follow the brown signposts with "Heididorf" on them, which also features a bus symbol.
- The Heididorf car park is located directly beneath the Hotel Restaurant Heidihof.
Heidi village Maienfeld
Responsible for this content Chur Tourism.