Historic sites Alpenstadt Chur
Show all 3 images
Once a manor house, now a museum for the public: in former times, the Rätisches Museum was the private residence of Paul von Buol zu Strassund Rietberg. The baron purchased the building in 1675 and replaced the former arsenal with a baroque building. In the 19th century, the house became the permanent home of items of cultural and historical interest. At that time, lawyer Peter Conradin von Planta and others were concerned about the drain and loss of valuable cultural assets and resolved to halt this development by starting up a historical collection, and hence the Rätisches Museum came into being.
Responsible for this content Chur - Die Alpenstadt.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.